The Postwiesen ski area Winterberg is the highest ski area on the south side of the Kahler Asten in the Sauerland. At this altitude, nature already prepares a longer lasting winter sports pleasure. In order to further improve snow reliability, the lift operators installed a high-performance snow-making system 20 years ago as a pilot project of the Wintersport Arena for increased snow reliability from December to March.
The Postwiese ski area will become more sustainable in the coming years. We already rely on a snow depth measuring system for efficient slope maintenance in winter.
From January 2022, we will be supplied with 100% certified green electricity in the ski area. Also in the spirit of nature are our keycards: Ski tickets are recycled up to 10 times.
The south-facing location ensures that the snow thaws faster in spring after the season due to high solar radiation than on north and east-facing locations. This protects nature and the landscape.
- 40 modern snow guns (propellers and lances)
- 90,000 m² of snow on the slopes
- Basic snow cover in 72 hours
- In appropriate weather conditions (-2 degrees and colder), the snow guns are mainly used at night. Three piste rollers ensure twice daily that you will find optimally prepared pistes every morning.
- The costs for 1 m³ of snow amount to approx. 2 to 3,- €, which means a 6-digit Euro amount in snow security and slope quality over the season.